Full-Time SHE Officer – Steelpoort by Weir Minerals Australia
Weir Minerals AME has an exciting opportunity for a SHE Officer at our Steelpoort Branch
Purpose of the position:
To ensure health, safety, and environmental compliance
- Ensure all aspects of SHE is effectively implemented and maintained for Field Services, Client Sites and Service Centres in branches / areas of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation such as Occupational Health & Safety Act 85 of 1993, Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996 etc.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of safety, health and environment in accordance with ISO and Group Standards.
- Provide support to Operations on a continuous basis.
- Implement and verify Weir Group SHE Standards requirements at all operational areas.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on SHE performances across all operational areas.
- Implement and maintain a field services programme in accordance with, and to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct regular field service inspections, assessments. audits and site visits.
- Attend client SHE meetings and liaise with clients to ensure that all their SHE requirements are fulfilled.
- Assist with the compilation of SHE Files in accordance with client requirements.
- Assist in developing, coordinating and overseeing the field services internal and external training requirements.
- Conduct training on relevant and applicable topics related to health and safety with a focus on field operations and activities.
- Conduct regular meetings with Operations and Field Services personnel on all levels to update them on SHE matters.
- Assist with the compilation and application of written safe work procedures and safe operating procedures applicable to various activities for both operational and field services.
- Regular control and maintenance of documentation and record keeping.
- Actively implement, drive and support Regional and Group initiatives i.e. Weir Zero Harm, Stop for Safety, Safe Start principles etc.
- Facilitate risk assessments (baseline/driving/travel) and manage action plans.
- Administrate legal appointments and legal registers.
- Facilitate incident and accident investigations, including near misses.
- Co-ordinate and maintain Shield, and Electronic Data Management Systems.
- Coordinate and assist in occupational hygiene monitoring programme and ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Co-ordinate and participate in SHE committee meetings.
- Co-ordinate and arrange medicals to ensure that the medical surveillance programme is on track including exit medicals.
- Compile and provide SHE performance reports and maintain site and departmental specific statistics.
- Provide guidance and mentor SHE Representatives, supervisors and employees.
- Active involvement in short, medium and long term department, site and company planning strategies
- Assist with internal, external and legal compliance audits.
- Lead and/or participate in cross functional and intercompany internal SHE audits.
- Manage SHE non-conformances and provide regular feedback.
- Regular monitoring of corrective actions to ensure effective close out.
- Recommend improvements, support the development of action plans and monitor for effective implementation and/or maintenance.
- Develop, maintain and improve all SHE systems.
- Optimize and set up programs to improve equipment effectiveness.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks when requested.
- Adhere to SHE and Housekeeping requirements.
- Be willing to travel extensively(local and international).
- Grade 12 Certificate
- National Diploma – Safety Management / Environmental Health
- NEBOSH / SAMTRAC
- Valid Driver’s License
- 5 years SHE experience in a manufacturing environment/ Field Services
- Implementation and maintenance of the ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 systems
- Managing Occupational Health and Safety and Mine Health and Safety Act
- Excellent business communication – verbal and written
- Computer Literate – MS Office Suite and ERP Software
- Acts quickly and decisively in a crisis or emergency situation
- On-going awareness and promotion of Safety, Health, and Environmental to improve workplace conditions
- A proactive approach to managing SHE
- Interpret the rationale of why compliance with rules, standards, procedures, etc. are important and act accordingly to provide support to the branch.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
Closing Date: 30th September, 2021
How to ApplyClick Here to Submit your CV and Application on Company Website
461 total views, 1 today