This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
23 Sep 2021
Full-Time Santam Learnership Programme by Santam Insurance
Who are we?
- Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper.
- The Santam Learnership Programme is an entry-level transformation initiative aimed at building a sustainable pipeline of talented people who will support business in meeting its objectives by addressing the present lack of skills within the financial services sector.
- A qualification, coupled with the FSCA regulatory exams RE5, will allow learners to apply for professional membership of the Insurance Institute of South Africa (IISA) in the designation category of IISA Member (MIISA).
Programme Duration: 12 months
Start Date: 1 March 2022
- At Santam it is our desire to have as many young unemployed individuals as possible take up this opportunity. This will present us with a valuable challenge of contributing to investing in our youth as the future of our economy and the country, in the best way we know how – Insurance Good and Proper.
- So please, spread the word, take up on this development opportunity and put Santam to the test!
What criteria makes you eligible to apply?
- ONLY Applicants in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate with:
- Minimum pass mark of 50% in English and a Second Language
- Minimum pass mark of 40% for Mathematics or minimum pass mark of 60% for Mathematics Literacy
- South African citizen
- Between the ages of 18 – 28
- Applicants must not be studying with any other institutions while on the Learnership
- Applicants must not have been on a Short -Term Insurance Learnership through INSETA
- Persons with a disability must produce a medical note confirming the nature of the disability
- Applicants must not have more than 1 year work experience
- People studying towards or in possession of a post-matric qualification (e.g. Higher certificate, National Diploma, Degree, Honours etc.) will not be considered for the programme
* Important: Your responses to the screening questions will be validated during the process. We therefore urge you to answer the questions honestly.
- Communicates effectively – Contributing dependently
- Demonstrates self-awareness – Contributing dependently
- Plans and aligns – Contributing dependently
- Optimises work processes – Contributing dependently
Build a successful career with us
- We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Being resilient – Contributing dependently
- Collaborates – Contributing dependently
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing dependently
- Customer focus – Contributing dependently
- Drives results – Contributing dependently
- The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
- The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
How to ApplyClick Here to Submit your CV and Application on Company Website
254 total views, 1 today