Full-Time Product Manager by Electrum
- Electrum is an exciting B2B tech company working with some of South Africa’s biggest household names. We love that the projects we work on touch the lives of millions of South Africans every day, making a real difference – whether that’s giving an aspiring businesswoman access to banking for the first time, or distributing government financial aid to thousands of students.
About the Role
- We are looking for a dynamic Product Manager to join our product team. This role is responsible for the long-range discovery, commercial design and growth management of one or more product line(s). You’ll have the opportunity to work with both a wide range of the teams within Electrum – from Business Development, to Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Technical Operations – and directly with our customers. The role spans the discovery, delivery and management phases of our product lifecycle.
You’re responsibilities will include the following:
Together with the Head of Product:
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for the Product line.
- Develop the pricing model and go-to-market strategy for the Product line.
- Lead regular strategic workshops to review strategy for the Product line and to set yearly and quarterly objectives for the product development team.
- Maintain gross margin responsibility to achieve the desired market share and ROI.
- Conduct research and analysis to understand the market in which the Product line is positioned, including competitor analysis.
- Frequently engage with customers to gain a deep understanding of their business needs.
- Maintain the high-level roadmap for the Product line, making sure to clearly articulate the most valuable problems that need to be solved and how this aligns to strategy.
- Engage with Sales and Marketing to communicate product messaging, value propositions and upcoming features.
- Work closely with Product Owners to ensure objectives are clear and actionable.
- Measure and communicate the required metrics for the Product line, e.g. pipeline, revenue, expansion/retention, NPS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Economics, or Finance, or the equivalent in working experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the field of enterprise software product development, including at least 3 as Product Manager or Product Owner in a related product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey information effectively to people with diverse sets of expertise and levels of seniority.
- The ability to prioritise ruthlessly and focus on the essential drivers of value.
- An independent thinker who takes a long-term strategic view.
- Curious about technology and its application to payments and transaction processing.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use data from a variety of sources to inform decisions.
- A good work-life balance is very important at Electrum. You know when your brain has switched off for the day and you need to go for a surf, but you also know when the status report you have written is sloppy. At Electrum you will be expected to know when you deserve a surf and when you need to knuckle down and get the work done. For the more “knuckle down” days we make it worth your while with benefits such as:
- Onsite gym and shower facilities
- Daily cooked lunches and a stocked kitchen for the mid-day nibbles
- A rad coffee station where you can practice your cappuccino foam art
- Understanding that if an emergency comes up, family comes first
- Flexible work hours
- A recreational area with foosball, table tennis and fatsaks that are perfect for naps
- To make sure that we stay a tight knit team, but still get to that surfing we have benefits such as:
- Team socialising, hikes, getaways, and dinners
- We have created a safe, transparent environment where:
We know mistakes happen, and that’s okay. We even have a 3 step approach to dealing with them:
1- Tell everyone about it
2 – Fix mistake
3 – Tell everyone about it
You are responsible for your actions – both the successes and the failures
We talk openly about salaries and bonuses. At Electrum we believe it’s evident why some people earn more and others a bit less. It’s like being on a sports team where salaries are widely known.
How to ApplyClick Here to Submit your CV and Application on Company Website
272 total views, 1 today