Full-Time Logistics Assistant by World Food Programme
- Company: World Food Programme
- State: Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Logistics/Transportation
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. We manage an operating budget of approximately $5.9 billion each year, distributing 12.6 billion rations to those most in need. We reach an average of 80 million people with food assistance in around 80 countries each year. The World Food Programme office in Johannesburg is a Regional Office coordinating and supporting the delivery of humanitarian assistance to 11 Southern Africa countries including, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Botswana, Malawi, Madagascar, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo Brazaville.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs) and Area/Field Offices. Under the overall supervision of the National Logistics Officer (Funds management), the job holder will perform the requires task as set out below. At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services.
In accordance with WFP policies, procedures and guidelines, the incumbent will perform business activities to support Bureau functions in Invoice Processing and deliver required services in order to ensure efficiency of unit performance. To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Timely processing of Logistics transport & services payments to authorised vendors.
- Ensure that payment functions in SAP system are done according to WFP policies, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures in place.
- Ensuring accurate and updated invoice tracking reports and registry. (Both Excel and Corporate Invoice Tracking System).
- Ensure query Free Invoices are processed within credit terms and internal timelines set.
- For Transport Invoices, ensure correctness, quality & integrity of commodity accounting data.
- Follow up on Queries relating to Invoices internally & with vendors.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Follow Up and reporting of any internal problems with funding, Purchase Orders and Fund Reservations and to management if required.
- Communicating with all service providers (transporters, agents and superintendents) on status of their invoice payments and attend to queries.
- Liaising with finance unit on invoice payments and attend to queries.
- Filing and documentation management.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least five years of practical experience in creditors.
Desired Experience: Experience in providing technical business support in Logistics / Supply Chain.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language
Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision-making on reporting within the individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- This is a 1 year renewable Service Contract
- Net monthly salary range: R 22611 – 35608
- Benefits: 24 days Annual Leave, Pension & Medical Insurance
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 19 October 2021, 11:59 South African Time
This position is only open to South African Citizens and Permanent Residents
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to ApplyClick Here to Submit your CV and Application on Company Website
228 total views, 5 today