Full-Time IT Audit Associate by EY
Technology Consulting, IT Audit Associate, Johannesburg
Our independent position and assessment capabilities provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape and the controls in place. As a risk assurance professional, you will be leading assessments and certification services that will directly support C-suite discussions and important business decisions regarding compliance, cost, and quality of our clients’ risk management programs. You will be part of an international network of professionals across geographies and sectors, delivering assessment and certification services that will help verify compliance and improve the performance of our clients.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
Our IT Risk & Assurance services are designed for the dual purpose of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, helping to improve IT and business performance. In addition to assurance-related engagements such as financial attestation and ISAE 3402 engagements, our IT risk advisory services focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and assurance; security and controls of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations; and business intelligence and information analysis. We are currently offering positions in the following areas:
- Application Risk & Controls practice
- Information Management and Analysis Services practice
- Financial Services Technology Risk and IT Regulatory Services
In your role as a Risk Assurance Associate, you’ll:
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Consistently deliver quality client services and manage expectations of client service delivery.
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget.
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships and networks with clients and internal EY stakeholders – Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge.
- Possess in-depth business acumen and demonstrate the ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. – Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
Skills and attributes for success
- Identifying the key levers that impact solvency ratios and return on equity to optimize our clients’ capital position
- Modeling, documenting and preparing application files
- Validating estimate models
- Providing audit support for Solvency II and statutory reporting, including sample tests on Life Technical Provisions, IAS 19 and Pension funds
- Acting as an actuarial professional, providing guidance on a wide range of areas, such as life and general insurance, investment, corporate finance, risk management and pensions
- Further developing your team by coaching and mentoring a junior colleague
To qualify for the role, you must have:
A recognized university degree in accounting, business, information technology, engineering, mathematics, or other relevant disciplines
At least 2 years of relevant consulting or industry experience, preferably in a professional services environment or MNC.
- Candidates who possess professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and / or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrates integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Willingness to travel on overseas assignments as the need arises
Ideally, you’ll also have
Application Risk & Controls
This practice focuses on enterprise IT application assessment, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) technology assessment, IT Application and Tool Implementation. We deliver valuable insights and enable better business decisions through improved quality of information.
What we look for
More than anything, we’re interested in people with the right attitude for the job! That’s naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You’ll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work, and strong communication skills. Put simply, if you’ve got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working, career development and with FlexEY you can select benefits, which suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurances, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- A position in a business that truly recognizes the importance of strong risk capabilities
- Opportunities to develop your skills in a wide range of areas, supported by regular feedback from senior-level colleagues
- Plenty of chances to build lasting professional relationships both internally and externally
- A culture that recognizes success and rewards excellence
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
How to ApplyClick Here to Submit your CV and Application on Company Website
155 total views, 1 today