Full-Time Data Entry Coach by L-IFT
About the job
Category: Research and Development
Career Level: Junior level (1-2 years of experience)
Employment Type: Contract for – 6 months (Full Time)
Salary: As per the organization’s scale
L-IFT (Low Income Financial Transformation) is a Netherlands based Research Company specialized in diaries research and human centric program design. L-IFT, through the use of its mobile phone application; FINBIT, is supporting a livelihood diaries data collection project focused on Early Childhood Development (ECD) centres in the Greater Johannesburg area.
For this project, we are looking for highly motivated, qualified, and capable professionals to fill the post of Data Entry Coach. There are in total 2 full-time open positions. Candidates should be resident in the assigned area and able to travel around the area including in local townships.
The Data Entry Coach’s main responsibility is to physically assist respondents to enter their financial data onto the FINBIT mobile phone application. The data entry coach will provide daily reports including planning of the field work. The data entry coach will be expected to adhere to all established ethical and survey protocols during the coaching process and ensure excellent data quality.
Each data entry coach is responsible for coaching 30 ECD centre owners weekly. The complete sample of research respondents will be interviewed weekly for 6 months. The coach will ensure data quality as well as strict compliances to all ethical and survey protocols during data entry.
The data entry coach shall be directly supervised and work closely with the Project Manager.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Attend virtual training sessions organized by L-IFT
- Internalize methods and protocols of data collection, and fully understand the use of the FINBIT application prior to commencement of the actual interviews
- Travel weekly to all respondents in the assigned area to coach all participants in entering data. Follow the remote COVID-19 protocol when indicated
- Strictly follow survey procedures, ethical standards; COVID-19 protocols through the process of data collection
- Document issues that arise during the field work and communicate them to the project manager
- Report to the project manager on daily basis
- Actively exchange experiences and communicate observations in an exchange group of peers and project manager
- Participate in one weekly review meeting to address issues from the field and to get further training where necessary
The following are ideal features that are considered for recruitment.
Profile of an ideal candidate for data entry coach
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in field of economics, statistics, sociology, anthropology, development studies, psychology, entrepreneurship or a related field
- Resident in the assigned area and able to travel around the area. Must be comfortable to travel in the local townships.
- Available on a full-time basis
- Proven experience in data collection
- Good understanding of local home-based businesses
- Young and energetic
- Able to relate easily to people and inspire trust (good verbal communication, good at encouraging people)
- Have good written communications
- Good command of English and local languages- Ability to speak informal, spoken as well as write and translate into commonly understood language.
- Have some computer and mobile-phone skills, command of Microsoft Office Suite and Android operating software
- Own an Android smart phone preferably with Android 8 or higher
- Have some numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Characteristics: Motivated/committed; Energetic/enthusiastic; Fast/pro-active (takes initiative to solve problems); Good with people (listener); Reliable/conscientious; Technology oriented; Interest in research; Good communicator; Modest; Non-judgmental; Organized/disciplined; Adoptable (Adjust easily with unpredictable situations), Inquisitive and
How to ApplyClick Here to Submit your CV and Application on Company Website JOB ALERTS: Join the official Group for Job Seekers in South Africa
319 total views, 1 today